Commercial Auction - Covid 19
The following terms apply to our commercial auction. It is your responsibility to read, understand and accept these. If in doubt, please do not bid. Should you wish to do business with us, please do not call us before reading, understanding and accepting these terms.
Primary information is always on our website which includes the auction calendar, catalogues, viewing information and terms.
We are committed to a safe working area for staff. Then a safe trading environment for both buyers and vendors.
For those of you who have experienced our commercial auction in the past, it is fair to say that viewing, sale day, payment and collections have all now completely changed.
By working together, we will be able to bring an auction service to the market. We ask for your patience. We auction very large quantities of items and our staff need time to deliver our amended service.
Here are our amended terms of business:
- All auctions are operated via our website only.
- Reception is closed.
- Public amenities are closed.
- We are now a cashless business and the cash office is closed.
- All payments are made online or by bank transfer.
- All invoices are now digital in pdf format available on your Biddle and Webb account.
- Payments are due immediately after the auction, and latest 4pm on the sale day.
- Commercial Auction viewing is by appointment only and limited to 55 minutes per person.
- Commercial Auction collections are strictly managed.
- We offer no storage. Uncollected lots will be sold in the next auction to cover costs to our business.
- All appointments are managed via our website with exact times of arrival sent via SMS to your mobile phone and by email.
Please ensure all your registered details are correct to include address, postcode, mobile and email, otherwise you will not be able to access our services.
Commercial Auction and viewing
We must operate according to the Government's covid-secure guidelines. For us this means knowing who is in our building, controlling entry and exit, enabling social distancing (1m plus), requiring gloves and face masks, single viewers only, no under 18s and supplying cleaning stations.
Condition reports are not available. If you are not 100% satisfied in a lot, please do not bid.
Your responsibilities as a viewer and to gain access to public viewing are:
Request an appointment via our website. Appointments are made on a first come first served basis and are available when the catalogue goes live. This is automated via our website. Please do not call us to arrange a viewing, this is your responsibility and can only be done via our website. All notifications relating to the publication of catalogues are sent by email to any who opt in via their Biddle and Webb accounts to commercial auction marketing preferences.
If you have an appointment on the Monday viewing day, arrive at the gate on Icknield Square at your allotted time and no more than 10 minutes early. The arrival time is clearly displayed in your SMS text message, on screen when you request an appointment and by email. Our staff will be expecting you, so please show either your buyer number, text message or email to them through your car window.
- Please do not turn up without an appointment. Access will be denied.
- Please do not arrive late. Access will be denied.
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes early. Access will be denied.
- Only single viewers will be admitted. Only one person per car.
- No under 18s.
- Park your car on our car park where signalled by our staff.
- You need to wear your own gloves. None will be available from us.
- You need to wear your own mask. None will be available from us.
- Proceed to the ramp.
- If you arrive early (no more than 10 minutes) you may need to queue. We are controlling the length of the queue. This queue will be no more than 3 people and you must maintain a 1m plus distance please.
- You will be logged on our system when you enter and exit. No shows will be saved. If you do not show up at your allotted time, future access will be restricted, and we may suspend your account.
- You have 55 minutes to view. Please set an alarm to ensure you leave on time. We are strictly restricting numbers in each saleroom. Compliance is mandatory.
- You must not spend more than 4 minutes on any single lot, in particular palleted lots. Compliance is mandatory.
- It is your responsibility to maintain a social distance. There is ample room to do this with controlled and limited numbers in each saleroom. Compliance is mandatory.
- There are cleaning stations available.
- It is your responsibility to exit the salerooms within 55 minutes.
- If our staff ask you to do something, please comply.
- On exit you will be tagged out on our system.
- Please refrain from conversations in the salerooms or on our car park.
- Please use common sense.
By following these rules, we can ensure a change to public viewing in a safe way. Numbers are obviously restricted.
If you are not entirely satisfied that you want a lot, do not bid. Refunds will not be issued.
Commercial Auction and bidding
All selling will be undertaken on our website and via commission bids only.
We reserve the right to suspend your bidding during the auction and ask for payment. You must ensure you have the funds to pay for all lots successfully won. Bids are legally binding. If you cannot pay, do not bid.
Commercial Auction and payment
Please note that payment is due directly after the auction is finished. Your invoice will be both emailed to you and be available on your Biddle and Webb Account.
Please pay online or via bank transfer.
For a bank transfer:
Use your buyer number as a reference.
|Account name:||Biddle & Webb Ltd|
Payment is due immediately and no later than 4pm on the day of the sale.
Commercial Auction and collections
- Collection only. No delivery service.
- We do not store items. Uncollected items will be sold in the next auction to cover our costs.
- All collections are undertaken outside. No members of the general public can access the salerooms. Delays are inevitable. You will need to be patient.
- Lots will be delivered from our salerooms by our staff to the car park, to enable collection by yourselves.
- No pallets can be collected on the day of the sale.
- All pallets must be collected on Tuesday between 9.30am and 4.00pm
- All non palleted items must be collected between 2pm and 4.30pm on the day of the sale (Monday).
- If you have successfully bid on both palleted and non-palleted items, please collect on Tuesday.
- Our staff will have a digital report of paid invoices and allow entry onto the car park, accessible from Icknield Square. Only those who have paid can have access to our car park and collect their items.
- On our land, please park sensibly, in consideration of others and where our staff instruct you to.
- Only our staff have access to our salerooms for collection. Please ensure that you go no further than the bottom of the ramp.
- Multiple people are allowed to help pick up items and can help load items into vehicles.
- No under 18s.
- Everyone must wear gloves.
- The car park is outside, so please follow the Government's guidelines relating to the wearing of masks.
- Pallets will be delivered as we access them from the saleroom. This will result in delays if you have successfully bid on pallets in different areas of the salerooms. You will need to be patient.
- Pump trucks are available.
- A cleaning station is available. You must clean down any equipment used before handing back to our staff.
- Please return all empty pallets to the side of the ramp.
- This is a working area and the forklift may be in operation.
- Please ensure a 1m plus social distance at all times.
- You will need to be patient and enable our staff to work.
You must agree to these terms before you bid.
If you are unable to follow these terms of business, do not bid.
We reserve the right to suspend any Biddle and Webb account at any time.
We aim to be more efficient with each auction. Please bear with us as we update these terms.